Friday, June 26, 2015

French Provencial Vanity Update with Graphite

 Here's an easy way to update a piece of furniture!
 Cute little french provincial vanity…
all frou frou and curvy…
just boring.
Step one: Paint it all in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
Here I used Graphite.

 After one coat, it looks like this.
I painted it all, hardware, everything.
 Step Two: Second coat.
Makes the world of difference.
The second coat "grabs" the first one, and gives great coverage.
Just make sure you let it dry between coats.
 Step Three: I waxed it, then added some Lime Wax in Grey.
Step Four:
I "hit" all the edges and the hardware
with some King Gold Gilding Wax.
 
 I just apply a tad on my finger, and rub along the edges.
That's it!
 Step Five: Buff to a lovely sheen.
Step Six: Admire.

(Sorry this piece is not for sale.)

SheShe, The Home Magician.
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370


No comments:

Post a Comment