Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Primitive Turquoise Paint Treatment for a Thrift Cabinet

Wow, it was an action packed day.

I finally finished up at my client, Jay's, today.
(Hopefully I can finally blog about his kitchen tomorrow!
It turned out SO great!!)

And on my way home, 
I decided to pop over to one of my favorite places:
I haven't been in quite some time...
I found this cute little cabinet right at the front of the store.
It's got a weird streaked stain finish that
I guess is supposed to simulate a wood finish.
I had to clear out my car, so once it was out,
I just decided to go ahead and paint it!
I didn't really have a plan....
I just started painting with three homemade chalk type paints
that I happened to have mixed:
Pale oak, pale aqua, and turquoise.
 I decided not to paint the oak shelves that you see through the glass,
 but inside the bottom,
I painted with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Barcelona Orange.
After the paint dried,
I used a sanding block to distress the edges,
and now I'm ready to wax.
Here you can see where I've started the waxing in the top right corner.
These are the products I'm using.
I'm building a patina by adding dark and clear
waxes, and the "Dust of Ages" powder.
 I'm loving how this is looking.....
 Here it is finished....
Detail of the crusty layered knobs.
I had fun staging it with some of my heads.
Peekaboo, I see you......



Sure would love to keep it........
(Look, it even matches my house!)

But, alas, there's no room at the inn.
Let me know if you are interested in this great piece-
before I put it in one of my retail booths.
For Sale: $225.

Have a piece that needs some character?
I custom paint!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370

No comments:

Post a Comment