Monday, March 20, 2017

Jay's Guest Bath: Changing the paint colors makes the world of difference!!

I'm continuing to work at Jay's house.
This was his guest bathroom.
You enter from the back hallway into...
 A sea of blue!!!!
Geez, other than the white tile,
it's ALL blue...
walls...
 
ceilings....
even the woodwork.
 
I can't blame my client...
He purchased the house like this!
Someone obviously wanted a mediterranean feel...
but this is ridiculous.
Even the access panel to the bath plumbing is painted in blues!
I started this makeover by priming all the woodwork.
Then I spackled the holes...
 
Next I tried a couple of colors. I'm definitely going
with the one on the left:
Benjamin Moore Galveston Grey.
This color is deceiving when it's wet.
It looks like chocolate milk. 
But just wait til it dries!!
It is a gorgeous rich hue.
Here you can really see how it picks up the color of the grout 
and helps marry the tile.
So I painted all the walls...

And the woodwork.
 Rehung art...
I changed out the dark blue rugs...
To this...
And added a new shower curtain.
I say "Ahhhh."
Even at night, it looks lovely and elegant.
Now, instead of this.....
You see this!
A most soothing change!

I am working on Jay's kitchen now.
It's incredible!
Here's a little tease.
I'm hoping to have it finished next week.

Does your home need refreshing?
SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370



No comments:

Post a Comment