Friday, March 10, 2017

Mixed Media Portraits

I just finished up another one of my commissioned "mixed media" portraits.
These are such awesome gifts!!!!
 I start with a photograph.
I enhance it digitally.
Then I print it out on tissue paper and decoupage to a canvas.
And then I start overpainting.



It's finished!!!!!!!!!

Here are some others I've done.
I use the original photo on my IPad as reference
while I paint.
And the fun part is....
I can do anything I want. 
I can change the background,
push the color...
Whatever speaks to me.
I love the colors in this one I did for my dear friend,
Daisey.
She loved it!
 Here is the image on tissue paper before I adhere to the canvas...
Assembly line going on my stovetop.
(That's my art studio.)

This next series was done for my friend, Rachel.
She gave them as bridesmaid gifts.
Each one features the bride-to-be with her friend.
Sometimes I really push the surreal element.
Over enhanced color...
Posterized images....
Whatever I feel like doing!!
Sometime I really blur the image.
They make great anniversary, birthday, wedding gifts.

Please let me know if I can do one for you!
$99 for an 8x10 canvas.

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370





No comments:

Post a Comment