Friday, October 23, 2015

Salvaging the decorative painting on a dated chest of drawers

 My neighbor gave me this little chest of drawers……….
 Dang, someone did a lot of work here!
All this decorative painting…….
but I can't take those flowers~
 And check out the faux marbre top.
Whoowhee…that is ugly.
 I decided to try to save some of the painting……
I love harlequins,
so I came up with a cool idea:
I used a stencil and turned each flower into a black fleur-de-lis.
 See?
Works like a charm.
 Then I painted the knobs and outlined each drawer in the same black.
 And I painted the top in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Versailles.
 So much better……..
I waxed and did a little distress sanding,
and then I added this little wood detail to the top back.
I lined all the drawers with this cheetah print wallpaper...
And there you have it.

It's resting now in my Greenwood Antiques booth.
For sale, $165.

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370



No comments:

Post a Comment