Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Pair of French Provincial Chairs Get a Safari Update

 While in Bethany Beach last week, 
I picked up this pair of french provincial chairs 
at Beach Plum Antiques.



 They were covered in this pistachio colored moire vinyl……..blech…..
 Typical yellowed glaze with specks…..
 After removing the vinyl back and seat, 
I painted the frame in
Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in French Linen.
 So much better already. 
This is the base coat.
 After that dried, I dry brushed
with ASCP in Old White.
 See how it "pops" all the details?

 After painting, I waxed.
 Next, I took the seat apart, 
removing that nasty old vinyl.
 I recovered in this green and linen zebra print 
that I purchased at Ufab.
I finished a couple of bergere chairs recently 
in this fabric and just loved it.
 So I bought more fabric.
 Isn't it lovely now?
One down, one to go.
 And I finished the second one up this morning.
Awaiting a new home!
The pair can be yours for $285.

No comments:

Post a Comment