Friday, June 12, 2015

An Elephant Settee

Remember this set of furniture?
I blogged about redoing the two chairs awhile back…
they sold right away.
 
I still have the settee,
which looked like this...
 Here I am removing the fabric 
and prepping for reupholstering.
 The springs were actually in good condition, 
so I did not have to rebuild the seat.
This set of furniture belonged to a bishop 
in the Catholic Church here in Richmond, VA,
many decades ago…love knowing
the history of my makeovers;)
On my thrifting run yesterday,
I found this great elephant fabric remnant
at the Clothes Rack.
It was just enough to cover the seat,
and make a little bolster pillow.
 Here it is up against my partially painted turquoise house!
 I added little tassels on each arm.
The piping is a creme and brown stripe.
It's going in the car and heading to my booth at Greenwood Antiques
shortly.
For sale at $225.

No comments:

Post a Comment