Thursday, December 4, 2014

A set of Frenchy Chairs for a Frenchy Table

I've been looking forever for a set of french chairs to go 
with this table in my booth:
(The chairs keep selling, 
but the table is still there!)

I scored yesterday, 
with this set I found at Susan's Selections.
 So who cares if they're Louis XVI vs XV style…..
French is french!
Right now, they have a dated blonde finish.
And granny fabric seats;)
 I removed the seats...
I removed the piping and staples from the seat bottoms..
I base painted the chairs with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Old White.
 I'm using almost a wash effect with the paint…
so some of the grain still peeks through.
For a little extra zing, I added Paris Grey to the inside channel
along the seat fronts.
 Beautiful!
A little distressing….
Remember this upholstered bench I did awhile back?
I used a printed canvas rug for the upholstery...
 I had just enough left of that rug to cover the seats.
It's a nice thick canvas and will be really durable.
 Back to the chair finish: I decided to add a stain layer.
I used Rustoleum Wood Stain in Weathered Wood.
 Then I added a bit more, mixing with Minwax Stain in Dark Walnut.
 I hit all the edges with the dark stain…
it looks like the wood peeking through...
Same with the backs….
 They look like they have some history now!
(If I could find my King Gold guilding wax, 
I'd hit some of the edges with gold highlights…)
 My my, these are quite tasty!
Set of chairs: $245
Table: $265
Combo: $475

I can't wait til I see them together.
The perfect marriage!






No comments:

Post a Comment