Thursday, December 18, 2014

A Peppermint Table -Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery…

I have to give total credit to my fellow RVA Antiques dealer pal,
Libby Hines, for this idea!
I purchased this awesome "giant peppermint" from her recently….
She made it from the top of an old outdoor table….
I sold it as folk art.
It really was very cool…..
and very "Christmasy"...
So it got me thinking.
I've had this little table set forever…
but it hasn't sold...
so why not reinvent it…again….
I removed the top...
I just pencilled off sections……like a giant pie.!
Then I sanded sown the original paint job,
and repainted in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint - emperor's silk and old white.
Oops, i made a booboo and put red on a white piece, 
but i sort of like it;)
Here it is all painted...
distress sanded….
And here is the finished top after I waxed…….
But I'm not going to sell just the top as art.
I'm going to use the actual tabletop...
so...
 I found this victorian plant stand that's been in my garage,
awaiting the perfect use……
I added some metal plates to the top..
 I painted the pedestal in Old White.
 Attached it to the top, and ta dah!
Peppermint table!!!
(Thanks for the idea, Libby!!!)
The perfect spot for Santa to take a break,
and enjoy his cookies and milk!
In my booth at Greenwood Antiques for $125.
(There are still many last minute & unique Christmas gifts
to be had at both antique malls!
One have one week…GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment