Friday, June 7, 2013

Discarded Furniture Rehab: From HiFi Cabinet to Bar

By now, I have a reputation...
People with junk call me.

That's how I happened to become the owner of this lovely
old HEAVY hifi cabinet........

Complete with turntable...

 radio...
 and speakers.......
 Anyone need a frequency modulator????
No wonder this thing weighs a ton...
Gutting this stuff took longer than anything.....

 But finally all the insides are gone...
 ...and I'm ready to paint....
 I painted most of the exterior in Annie Sloan Chalkpaint in Antibes Green.
Then I made new fabric panels to replace the nasty ones...
I left the top, drawer fronts and fretwork unpainted.
 On the backside, I added a bead board shelf and painted everything inside in Pure White.
Then I used a vinyl tablecloth to cover the shelves.
 Easy to keep clean, wipe up a spill, etc.
 I sanded, waxed and dark waxed the paint.
The left side of the top opens up (where the 
turntable used to be.) 
 Now it can store
all those large liquor bottles!
 And the right drawer front is actually a door.
More storage for cups, napkins, munchies.......
I left the original Magnavox plaque.
On the side, I attached a long bar pull and added a teatowel.
Here it is for sale in my booth at Greenwood Antiques & Uniques.
The bar is open! 
$225.
(I guess you COULD use it as a console for your TV.
Take out the fabric panels and place your various cable boxes, etc.,
underneath.)

No comments:

Post a Comment