Saturday, May 4, 2013

Yard Sale Finds - Red and Rad Makeovers!

Good morning, all. And happy Saturday.
Saturday. 
Yard Sale Day. 
Darn it, I have to paint all day, 
but maybe I can hit one on the way to my project this morning.

Speaking of yard sales, 
here are a couple of pieces I picked up at sales while I was in NC a few weeks back.
This industrial workshop stool was almost perfect just the way it was,
but it had some serious rust issues.
One can of spray paint later.
This sold immediately in my booth.

 Sweet little chest with drawers.
 I decided to "step outside the box" on this one.......
I guess I've been in a red kind of mood. So after painting 
with Annie Sloan Chalk Paints (of course,) 
I used a red paint pen to line all the edges.
 This was my inspiration: industrial looking knobs that look like water cutoff valves.
In RED.

Here it is all finished up. 
This would make the sweetest little bedside table for a platform bed, 
where you don't want anything too high. 
$142 in my booth at Greenwood Antiques.

I'm working on a house now for a new owner who is moving in mid-May.
Can't wait to show off some of the work.

Now get out there and YARD SALE!

No comments:

Post a Comment