Thursday, November 3, 2016

EIleen and Joe's: Sprucing up a Sitting Area and Preparing....A NURSERY!!!!!!!!!!!!



One of my recent projects 
has been getting a few things done
for clients Eileen and Joe.
They had this victorian parlor set in their master suite.
It wasn't really "them," 
but the upholstery was in excellent condition,
so they wanted to make it work...
Specifically, 
they wanted a  new end table to replace this wrought iron table
that was a temporary fix.
And they wanted a coffee table.
(If you're looking for a specific item, let me know!!
I'm always on the hunt for things, 
and can always add your wishlist to the pot!)
I found this little frenchy table...
It had some serious veneer issues...
I patched the top with wood fill.
Sanded, and painted the base in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint
in French Linen.
I left the drawers natural..
And added some gold gilding wax to the hardware
and some of the details.
Here's a close up of the distressing.
And....
I also found this coffee table,
but the top was ugly.
I stripped the top, painted the edge and base.
OMG, look at the burled wood top now.
Gorgeous!
Here's the little area now.
Much improved...
all they need now is an area rug.
But THIS room is the priority.
Why?

Because it's going to be the nursery for the baby
that Eileen and Joe are expecting in November!!!
Woot! Woot!
They have this MCM dresser they want me to paint...
As well as the hardware.
This artwork is providing the color inspiration...
The back wall will be a deeper accent wall.
The other three, a bit lighter.
I painted many color swatches all around the room.
Don't pass over this step!
You'll be sorry!!!
It actually took quite a bit of time to decide on the colors.
While we mulled over that,
I got to work on the dresser.
I sanded, and then used a good primer.
I removed all the hardware..
Primed these as well...
 Then spraypainted silver.

 
Once the primer dried, I sanded and then painted.
Several coats were necessary.
I replaced all the hardware.
Looks brand spanking new!!!!!!
 WHAT an improvement!
And finally, a decision was made on the wall colors:
Sherwin Williams Aquarian for the accent wall.
And SW Bora Bora Shore for the other walls.
 
And a couple of days later....
It's all ready for the arrival!!!!
I added a few quick accessories...
But I didn't want to take away the pleasure they will have
in decorating this new nursery!
Here's mother-to-be showing off the new crib.

(I'm happy to report her healthy baby boy was just born!!!!!!!!
Congratulations, Eileen and Joe!)

No comments:

Post a Comment