Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Moby Dick Sighting! Rush Bench Makeover

I found this little bench with rush seat at Class and Trash a couple of weeks ago.
I love the lines of the legs...
 But there was no way to save the rushing. So...
 I removed it. 
Then I base painted the wood in a mixture of 
ASCP in Old White and French Linen.
Once dry, I dry brushed with Paris Grey, 
then distress sanded, and added clear and dark waxes.
 I added jute webbing for support, 
then foam, batting, and upholstered the top
with this fun fabric I picked up from Ufab.
 Around the edges, I used a navy and white striped trim, 
and oversized pewter nail heads...
 …also from Ufab.
Nice little nautical touch.
Definitely looks like a "she" 
but I guess its name will be…..
….Moby.
For sale, $145.
(Sorry, the chairs are sold.)

No comments:

Post a Comment