Friday, February 7, 2014

Revisiting the Urn Chair with Verdigris turquoise patina and peacock fabric!

This past week, 
while I was doing more of my "simulated verdigris patina" 
paint treatment on some cast iron pieces,
(after paints)
(after stain)
 I decided to revisit this urn leg chair I did a few weeks ago:
When I originally redid this piece,
I was OOT so had limited fabrics with me, 
and I just never was in love with it.
 So for this chair makeover's makeover
I first repainted the frame.
 I painted with a variety of colors 
to simulate a turquoise aged look,
 then I added a dark stain.
Legs are SO yummy now.
 Next, I re-reupholstered in this fun 
graphic peacock fabric I scored at Ufab………
 And for the back, 
I used a moroccan themed remnant I had on hand.
Now it's definitely a work of art.
I'm proud to call it my work!
For sale at my new booth 
$189.








No comments:

Post a Comment