Friday, October 25, 2013

Jewelry Cabinet Redo: From Pepto Bismol Pink to Old World Elegance

I'm always looking for "diamonds in the rough."
Case in point:
One ugly Pepto Bismol P I N K jewelry cabinet,
picked up from one of my favorite consignment stores,
Consignment Connection, in Lakeside.
 It had a splotchy spray painted finish.
All the interior drawers and sides were in excellent condition with green felt.
 I base coated the cabinet in Annie Sloan Chalk Paint in Graphite.
 Then I used Old White and dry brushed all the trims and detail.
 Next, I added Chateau grey on the drawer fronts, 
and distress sanded to "find" little hints of the pink.
 Here it is all waxed and finished.
 Look at all the awesome details and texture.
Another piece rescued from UGLY!
Already sold..
"That's the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it!"


No comments:

Post a Comment