Wednesday, February 20, 2013

GREEN Makeovers

Maybe it's because it's late February....
when you start seeing those little tender green leaves 
shooting up amongst all the brown dead ones...
and you know it's coming soon.............
S P R I N G.  
Green!!!!!!!!
Maybe that's why I've had this thing for green lately.
Here are some of my latest "green" makeovers.
 A client wanted this awesome buffet reinvented in a spring green.
I first base coated it in Annie Sloan Arles Chalk Paint.
(Annie Sloan, you should be paying me!)

 Next, I painted with two coats of Antibes Green.
After painting, I distress sand....
Antibes Green is one of my favorite ASCP colors........
It's a little vivid, but wait and see....
I tone it down with dark waxes and stains.
 After sanding, I wax the entire piece and add dark wax and stains in all the details.

See all the fun stuff???
I moved the hardware over to the circular medallions.
 I love how the Arles peeks through after sanding.
And here it is back in it's home. 
Perfectly springy!!!!

 I picked up this old chair from Diversity Thrift.
 I sanded down to beautiful quarter sawn oak...
added some Howard's Restore-a-finish and
recovered the seat in this botanical print.
I paired it with this antique oak desk I had previously painted in Antibes Green and Old White.
These are at my booth at Greenwood Antiques & Uniques.

 Here's an old Goodwill rattan chair on casters.
 Eewww....nasty stained fabric.
 I polished up the wood and recovered the seat and back with this fern fabric.
Along the back seam, I added square chrome nailheads.
This will be going in my office.......


Which is presently getting painted...............GREEN.
(Sherwin Williams Hearts of Palm to be exact.)
More on the office in another post. 
Lots of work still to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment