Saturday, May 28, 2011

Rooster Salvage and Such...and MY VERY FIRST POST!!!!!!!

Any of you who know me know how much I LOVE saving something bound for the old trash can. ( As my friend, Pam, would say, "That's what Sheila does, she makes something out of nothing."  And hey, I'm okay with that!!!!!!!) 
So my very first blog features this here thingy I rescued from my friend Kim's garage....

Looks like it belongs on some Incan priest's head as he's preparing the next sacrificial victim....but... I digress.........

Is it a bird???

Is it a pineapple??


It's just dang ugly!

But nothing a little SheShe magic can't fix....

So I got out my magic wand and my paintbrushes;)  I painted the body and base in Annie Sloan chalk paints, and then used some acrylic decorative paints for the details.
'
I also stamped a few designs on the base and used a cork as a stamp for some detail on the body.  Then I added a satin sealer to weather the elements.....
 And look........Isn't he one fine specimen of a bird?  And a lovely piece of folk art to boot!




I stuck a wire topiary on top and painted it as well. Now he's lawn art!!!!!! A little ivy growing up through there would be just the finishing touch!  Here he is outside my house...


And here he is at his new home:  My client, Barb, now has a spiffy red patio set that I just painted up for her, and one fine looking bird.......Cockadoodledoo and goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment