Sunday, January 7, 2018

How to turn a retro office chair into a headturner!!!!!

So I never really know what I'm going to do with a chair when I buy it...
I bought this retro vinyl office chair at a yard sale
recently.
It was in good shape except for a couple of tears in the seat vinyl.

 The top and arms, and back, were all in excellent shape.
 I decided to paint the wood frame. 
I used a color called Turkish Tile.
Next, I added some batting to the seat.
And decided to use this incredible fabric sample
from Schumacher for the seat.
It was just enough to cover the seat and front..
And I used a coordinating cheetah print for the sides and back.
I actually stapled/glued the fabric to the vinyl. 
Then used nail heads
along the edges.
Then I decided to paint the arms and chair front/back.
 Here it is wet...
 When it dries, it's obvious that it will need more coats!
After this dries,
I'll do two more coats, allowing each coat to dry in between.
Here it is after the three coats and waxing.
Looks like leather.
 Lightly sanding between the coats makes it really smooth..
 Here it is all aglow in my booth at The Lazy Daisy in Short Pump.
I made a little pillow with the same cheetah print.
I love it.
$199 and it can be yours!

SheShe, The Home Magician
Sheila Fox
sheilafox@aol.com
804-402-4370



No comments:

Post a Comment