Monday, August 19, 2019

The Many Faces of Mom

Wow, today I opened my blog for the first time in over a year
and I found this draft that I had saved but never finished....
from last year,
just as I was going to my mom's to celebrate her birthday.
Little did I know,
it would be her last.
And last year -when I wrote this-
I thought I was having a rough year.
Ha.
It was peanuts compared to this one.
My mom died on May 14, 2019,
about two months before her 91st birthday.
After a rough year.
I ended up staying with her for her last six months.
She was declining, and in pain, and we were hopeful for a while.
But then we knew things were getting grim,
and we just wanted her to be at home and comfortable.
And she was.

So seeing this, well,
every image of her is profound to me right now.
Because that's really all I have left of her.......
and wonderful, beautiful memories, of course.
She was always smiling.

So, Mom, this one's for you......
You are SO missed.
I love you forever.
I carry you in my heart.
I will try to spread your love always.

Love, me

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I thought I had hung up the old blog.............
It's not that I don't have gobs and gobs and GOBS of transformations and projects, 
I've just lost my blogging mojo of late..........
But I am still here, folks!!!!

In the last couple of months, 
I've lost two dear old friends/creative directors 
that I worked with in the advertising business. 
I've had another birthday, 
some medical issues this spring/summer, 
and now I'm preparing to head home to celebrate my mom's 90th birthday. 
She is one amazing lady and I am so blessed to have her!!!!!!!!!















1 comment:

  1. You are going to heaven and sit at the right hand of God, the father all mighty for being such a good daughter to your Mom.

    ReplyDelete